Mission and Goals
QUALICOAT is a quality label organisation committed to maintaining and promoting the quality of coating on aluminium and its alloys for architectural applications.
To determine whether or not a coating meets a customer’s requirements, the results need to be measurable against technical specifications. Working on behalf of customers who have their products coated, QUALICOAT defines comprehensive quality requirements and monitors their compliance by licensed plants worldwide. This gives purchasers of coated aluminium the assurance that they will receive a premium-grade product delivering long-term value and consistent quality.
QUALICOAT’s mission is to provide best practice rules to obtain a good quality coating on aluminium.
To achieve this goal, QUALICOAT is committed in particular to:
• establishing specifications for processes, products and tests to be used by the coating plants
• developing and improving these specifications
• granting licenses to coating plants that apply for the quality label
• testing and approving chemicals and coating products to be used
• monitoring the correct application of the specifications in licensed plants