Specifications for a Quality Label for Liquid and Powder Organic Coatings on Aluminium for Architectural Applications
QUALICOAT has established Specifications defining minimum requirements for plant and equipment, coating materials and finished products. All requirements in the Specifications must be met before a quality label can be granted.
The Specifications may be supplemented or amended with update sheets that set out and incorporate QUALICOAT’s resolutions until a new edition is issued.
The English version of the Specifications is the official version and authoritative in case of doubt.
Other versions may be obtained by contacting the General Licensees who are responsible for translating the Specifications and the update sheets into their own language.
- 14th Edition (incl. Erratum 20.05.2015) (943.1 KiB)
- List of update sheets_24.05.17.pdf (9.4 KiB)
- Updated Appendix A9 15.04.16.pdf (210.3 KiB)
- No. 1 - Definition of a coating line.pdf (163.8 KiB)
- No. 2 - Classification of coatings in section 2.3.pdf (74.5 KiB)
- No. 3 - Use of powder after the best before date.pdf (20.6 KiB)
- No. 4 - Tests for granting and renewing approvals.pdf (348.2 KiB)
- No. 5 - Etching classification.pdf (118.7 KiB)
- No. 6 - Change in frequency of Wet Adhesion Test.pdf (153.1 KiB)
- No. 7 - Right of Appeal.pdf (72.5 KiB)
- No. 8 - Instructions for coaters using alt.pretreatment.pdf (132.9 KiB)
- No. 9 - Additional equipment for coating manufacturers.pdf (75.3 KiB)
- No. 11 - Withdrawal of Machu test from i.h. control.pdf (273.6 KiB)
- No. 12 - Cancellation of indentation test for licensees.pdf (290.4 KiB)
- No. 10 - Verification of calibration.pdf (37.5 KiB)
- No. 13 - Withdrawal of class 2 powders.pdf (26.0 KiB)
- No. 14 - Revised Appendix A3.pdf (103.2 KiB)
- No. 15 - Improved procedure for the acc. weath. test.pdf (26.8 KiB)
- No. 16 - Confidentiality of information.pdf (8.4 KiB)
- No. 17 - Deadlines for submission of reports.pdf (65.6 KiB)
- No. 18 - Storage stability.pdf (88.5 KiB)
- No. 19 - Seaside logo.pdf (378.4 KiB)
- No. 20 - Curing index.pdf (137.0 KiB)
- No. 21 - Mandatory training.pdf (71.2 KiB)
- No. 22 - Amendments to requirements for classes 1.5 and 2 (Florida test).pdf (276.0 KiB)
- No. 23 - Extension of gloss visual assessment to specific coating finishes.pdf (76.9 KiB)
- No. 24 -Timing of ASST and FFC tests.pdf (71.0 KiB)
- No. 25 -New specifications for Class 3.pdf (771.1 KiB)